It is always our goal at Atlanta Wedding Band to build a highly palpable energy and anticipation for the final song of the night. We want to send our bride and groom off into the night to an epic, sing along, dance circle inducing anthem that they will remember for the rest of their upcoming lives together.
Without further a due, we give you our top 10 Atlanta Wedding Band encore songs, by frequency, since the inception of our band in 2012.
- Don’t Stop Believin – Journey (117). Although some contend overplayed, Journey’s electric guitar solo, tenor driven ode always lowers inhibitions, inspires fist pumps, and extends the vocal range of wedding guests. It’s a song we’ve all performed an infinite number of times, but it just never gets old.
- Take Me Home Tonight – Eddie Mony (72) – Another 80’s encore staple, Eddie Mony’s timeless anthem has a fitting title to brides and grooms ambling off into the night between sparklers.
- You Are the Best Thing – Ray Lamontagne (43) – With another very fitting and poignant title and lyrics that ring true to the theme of most weddings, we like this one because the medium level beats per minute of the song offers the option for a ‘couples skate’ for bride and groom.
- Hey Jude – The Beatles (29) – The monumental sing along at the end of this Beatles power ballad flat out gets it done.
- Ants Marching – Dave Matthews Band (23) – Because some people love DMB that much!
- Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye (18) – Yep, self explanatory!
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars, Mark Ronson (16) – Dance circle anyone? And again, the sing along bridge usually brings together every voice in the room.
- Hey Ya – Outkast (13) – Girls vs Boys anyone?
- Semi Charmed Life – Third Eye Blind (11) – ‘Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo’
- All These Things That I’ve Done – the Killers (9) – ‘I got soul but I’m not a soldier
We hope you’ve enjoyed this list and we’re super stoke about playing your upcoming big day!
Atlanta Wedding Band